Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Thrill of the Hunt

I can only imagine that this is how men hunting wild game must feel.

I get this feeling, passing a thrift store that has something meant for me. I know this because I am an experienced thrift hunter. I get this feeling...I can't describe it, but I just know.

I walk in and head straight for the racks, as my adrenaline begins to climb. I know exactly where she is dangling, just waiting for me to pick her off. I sculk up softly, so as not to spook her. She and I know this dance all too well. I finger through the hangers...not to quickly, now.

As I grasp the hangers and pry them gently apart to expose the length and breadth of her, I know she's the one. I let'er lead me to the fitting rooms, even though I already know she's the one. Once she's in my sights, that's it. She'll be coming home so I can show her off, my trophy. My day's kill.

The high is like none other.


No comments:

Post a Comment