Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Further Adventures In Thrifting

I love solo road trips. There, I said it. Don't get me wrong...I love road tripping with good company, but there is nothing quite like flying down the highway, windows down, music blaring, singing at the top of your lungs. Going wherever you want without hesitation. If you haven't done this, I highly recommend you try it.

I particularly love long coastal drives and I am lucky in that I live so close to the coast, just 30 minutes from highway 1 which creates a way to speed along an invisible boundary between ocean and land. Along this route you will find town after town, mostly very small, full of interesting folks; hippy dippies, outsiders, and self-expressionists. This blend makes from some very interesting thrift stores and second-hand shops.



On this trip I took myself to Monterey and first stumbled upon Plato's Closet:





Right across the street there was a rad little vintage shop called the Cat's Meow:







It was such a beautiful day, I decided to just drive around and see what there was for me to find. I happened upon this little gem, Second Chance:









No comments:

Post a Comment