Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Scariest Halloween ever!

Originally I wanted to do a 1980s Olivia Newton-John style workout ensemble. I know this will come as a shock; but I was unable to find a pastel, spandex, high-cut bodysuit in my super jumbo size. I was fairly bummed about it and spent a lot of time pouting about it. So, I waited until the very last possible minute to come up with something to wear to show my holiday spirit and somehow maintained my enthusiasm.

I looked through my past costume pile and was reminded of a costume I had pulled off quite well a couple years back. I went to a party with a theme of "dead things." I loved how broad a theme it was...it left so much room for interpretation. There were dead fads (like disco), dead animals (see: roadkill), the reanimated dead, and dead famous people (the category I belonged in). 

I present:

Bea Arthur
(I love her)







I decided to do it all over again for a new audience, without the "Bea." I had just purchased the greatest granny-style suit at my favorite thrift store for a whopping $3.50, so all I needed was the white hair spray.

Done and done.



This is what happens when my sister is the photographer....... 


And this too:







I must admit, it is kind of terrifying to face yourself in your 60s when you're in your 30s. I just hope I don't have nightmares tonight.




3 comments:

  1. Awesome pic's Gina! I love you!!! You favor me as an old lady!!! xoxoxo
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too funny, Auntie! I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! HAHAHA Love doing photo shoot

    ReplyDelete